04 Aug Libre NMS
Posted at 15:17h
in it solutions
LibreNMS is an open source, powerful and feature-rich auto-discovering PHP based network monitoring system which uses the SNMP protocol. It supports a broad range of operating systems including Linux, FreeBSD, as well as network devices including Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, Foundry, HP and many more.
Most people who are trying to protect their business from cyber attacks and malware that has run amok will turn to consultants and the security industry, but there’s another group worth asking for advice: those who have actually fallen victim to an attack.
To find out what you really need to know about security – and what myths to ignore
- It auto-discovers a whole network using these protocols: CDP, FDP, LLDP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP and ARP.
- It has a mobile friendly Web UI, with customizable dashboards.
- Supports a Unix agent.
- Supports horizontal scaling to expand with your network.
- Supports a highly flexible and customizable alerting system; sends notifications through email, irc, slack and more.
- Supports an API for managing, graphing and retrieving data from your system.
- Offers a traffic billing system.
- Also supports an Android and iOS apps which offer core functionalities.
- Supports integration with NfSen, collectd, SmokePing, RANCID and Oxidized.
- Supports multiple authentication methods such as MySQL, HTTP, LDAP, Radius and Active Directory.
- Allows for auto updating and many other features.